Fight Monsters With Frisbees and Cycling in Knights and BikesMay 24, 2018
Explore a mysterious British island in the 1980’s
Knights and Bikes is an upcoming Co-op action adventure game developed by Foam Sword, and is set in a hand painted 3D world. The game takes place in 1980’s ‘Penfurzy’ – a fictional British island and place of medieval legend. You play as Nessa and Demelza – two young girls, one an outsider from the mainland, and the other an imaginative local. You explore the island using your customizable bikes in the search of treasure.
During their investigation, the girls unleash evil ancient spirits on the island. They must fight back by bike-jousting, Frisbee-throwing, and puddle-stomping the enemies in order to save the islanders, learning new skills from those they rescue.
- Local Co-Op – Play through the game with party members controlled by the game or by your friends.
- Explore – Use your bikes to navigate the island, following the ever trusty beak of Captain Honkers, your pet goose.
- Collect Treasure – Trade what you’ve found to upgrade your bike and acquire new abilities.
- Quests – Rescue loved ones, find ancient relics, and solve mysteries.
- Battle – use your childish ingenuity to splash enemies with mud, chuck a Frisbee past their shields, hack video game hardware to use against them, or make a fast getaway on your bikes.
Foam Sword is a new 2-person game studio consisting of Rex Crowle and Moo Yu. They have worked on LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank, and Tearaway, among other projects.
Knights and Bikes is a wonderfully imaginative game influenced by the likes of Earthbound and Secret of Mana. The game’s story and setting is inspired by The Goonies, as well as the developers own childhoods. You can follow the game’s development on Twitter here, or wishlist it on Steam here. You can also take a look at the now-complete Kickstarter, the game’s website, and the trailer below for more information.